Disability Support Worker
Date listed: September 3, 2018
Established in 1997, Devereux Recruitment are proud of our reputation in the marketplace as a quality recruitment company.
We are currently seeking casual Disability/ Mental Health Support Workers for a range of roles across Melbourne.
The role is an exceptionally rewarding one as you are will be making a positive difference and helping to improve the quality of life for a number of individuals
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
* Current Working with children check / Vulnerable People Registration
* Current First Aid and CPR
* Ability to work independently and also within a team environment
* Certificate III or IV in Mental Health/Disability and/or relevant experience (Not essential but desired)
* Current Driver’s License
Duties may include
* Follow professionally developed support plans
* Accessing social and recreational activities at home and in the community
* Provide emotionally and practically supportive assistance to individuals
* Assist individuals in developing their daily living skills
* Assist with transport needs
* Assist with domestic and personal care tasks
* Provide medication assistance
* Record information accurately with an objective and professional method Supporting life skill development such as budgeting, meal planning and food preparation
* Supporting individuals with complex mental health concerns who may display a range of challenging behaviours.
Devereux recruitment are seeking skilled professionals to develop and grow their careers within the Disability and Mental health sector.
We pay above award wages, have regular shifts and flexibility. You will be supported by a knowledgeable and experienced team who ensure you are provided with ongoing support as required. . You will receive in depth training to enable skills and experience to develop in your career.
You will have a genuine desire to support individual living with disabilities and mental health to achieve positive outcomes. You will be proactive and work well in a one on one environment. You must be empathetic and forward focused.
If this sounds like you and you would like to further your career, please get in touch with us now!
Job Reference: 200010251_1535976914
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP